Here is an amazingly easy salad recipe that is full of flavor: Healthy Chickpea Pesto Salad with Pine Nuts. This one is great for any summer picnics or cookouts, or any potluck meal! There are only 6 ingredients that you just pour into a bowl and mix!
2 cans chickpeas, 15.5 oz cans
1 jar of pesto, 8.1 oz
sliced black olives, 7.05 oz
feta cheese, 1/4 cup or sprinkle just as a topping
pine nuts, 2oz bag
red onion, 2 tablespoons chopped
I highly recommend using the Vidalia Chop Wizard to chop the onions! This little gadget makes it ridiculously easy to chop onions! I’ve haven’t shed any onion tears or hand chopped since I’ve gotten this very useful kitchen gadget!
I cut about a one inch thick slice of onion in half and placed it on the chopper rack. Then you just push down the top – hit it a couple of times, and you get your onion chopped super fast!!
You use the little comb to scrape out any onion residue that shows up in the nooks and crannies of the chopper. It’s dish washer friendly – and is a tool I wish I had in my kitchen sooner. It’s also a gem to have to make salsa!
After you’ve chopped the onions, scrape them into a large mixing bowl. Add 2 cans of drained and rinsed chickpeas. Dump in black olives, pine nuts, 1/4 cup feta cheese, and lastly stir in the basil pesto. Optional – add a bit more feta cheese as a topping when you serve it.
This healthy chickpea pesto salad is full of flavor – I want to experiment adding some sun-dried tomatoes to it or roasted red peppers as well!
- 2 cans chickpeas, 15.5 oz cans
- 1 jar of pesto, 8.1 oz
- sliced black olives, 7.05 oz
- feta cheese, ¼ cup or use as a topping
- pine nuts, 2oz bag
- red onion, 2 tablespoons chopped
- After you've chopped the onions using the Vidalia Chop Wizard, scrape them into a large mixing bowl.
- Add 2 cans of drained and rinsed chickpeas.
- Dump in black olives, pine nuts, ¼ cup feta cheese, and lastly stir in the basil pesto.
- Optional - add a bit more feta cheese as a topping when you serve it.
Other easy side dish recipes: