I did this on Facebook awhile back, and I thought would be fun to put on my blog. Especially now that I’m finding out how much fun blog hops are – so I need a good post to introduce myself. 🙂
1. I have the best red headed one year old daughter a mom could ever ask for!
2. I’m fully addicted to chocolate – I eat it at least once a day. Oh yeah, and coffee too. Except I drink that. 🙂
3. When I was little, I used to catch frogs, find fossils, “cure cancer” with various shampoos and creams, and play school on a regular basis. It’s no surprise that I was a biology teacher for eight years. I’ll admit that I’m a science geek – but my genius engineer husband trumps me on the geeky part. 🙂
4. I always wanted to have my first child before I was 30, so I guess giving birth to my first when I 30 counts as reaching that goal.
5. I married my eye doctor’s son. She’s been my doctor since I was in 4th grade. My mom and she set us up on a semi-blind date. Even though the moms set it up, I know that God’s hand was in it all along. I knew I wanted to marry him after the first date!
6. I’m addicted to coupon shopping. Can we say “DUH!!!!” 🙂
7. I have moved 10 times since I graduated high school – which includes changing dorm rooms every year at college, plus random apartments after that. Now that my husband and I have a house, I’m hoping to be settled for quite a few years now.
8. I live on a dirt road. Yep, they still have those in America. Who knew??
9. I’m quite introverted – and really don’t like small talk. I’d much rather be someone’s best friend than just their acquaintance. I’m usually very quiet in group settings, but can talk someone’s ear off one on one. I think this is why I love blogging so much! Us introverts do well with computers. 🙂
10. I took piano lessons for 7 years, but can barely play Mary Had a Little Lamb now. I took flute lessons for 9 years, and liked that much better than the piano. I’m not as good as I used to be, but most now haven’t heard my hidden talent.
11. My husband has his own part-time business making control mechanisms for quilting machines. I have my role in that spending time cutting, stripping, and crimping wires for this component called the Sew Control. You can actually see pics of what he designed and what we make here.
12. I was the varsity cheerleading coach at the school I taught at for 7 years. Three of those years, the teams were section V champions – first time ever in my school’s history. But now that I’m married with a baby, I retired my career as a coach/teacher for now so I could be a SAHM. Now I’m a SAHM blogger!
13. I’ve hiked Mt. Marcy in the Adirondacks 3 times (the highest place in New York State, in case you didn’t know). I’ve done a few other high peaks as well. I always thought it would be cool to be a 46er, but I don’t think I have enough time/motivation to make that happen. I have a great friend who is in the middle of becoming a 46er – so I’ll just cheer her on instead. 🙂
14. I love to go camping – but my husband still thinks I’m a “high maintenance” camper because I still want to shower everyday and sleep on an air mattress. I don’t think that is too much to ask. ;P
15. I am a list maker – constantly writing things down so I don’t forget to do them, and crossing them off. My daily goal is to always finish “the list.”
16. I don’t’ eat red meat or seafood. I’d really prefer a vegetarian diet, but I still like chicken enough to get most of my protein from that. But I’d choose tofu any day over chicken.
17. I’ve been to four other countries other than the U.S. – Cananda (if that counts), Mexico, Aruba and India. I’ve been all over the U.S. though. My list is very long with the places I want to travel to. Four other countries is so not enough!
18. When I was in high school, my parents were about 2 weeks away from signing divorce papers and miraculously got back together. That is probably one of the most memorable miracles I have ever witnessed.
19. I am severely directionally challenged. If someone says something is north, south, east or west, I have no idea what they are saying. I can read a map, and follow directions, but I can also easily get lost and do not have a sense of direction at all.
20. I like crunchy things – like peanut butter and toothpaste. My toothpaste needs those mint crystal things in it – that crunch when you bite down. I also love crunching leaves in the fall time.
21. I used to call frogs Heukernewmans when I was little. Don’t ask me how I came up with that one.
22. I had an imaginary friend growing up named Erin Pacepy.
23. I enjoy doing crafts – like crocheting, making collages, editing photography. I’d totally get addicted to scrapbooking if I had more time/money for that.
24. One of my summer jobs in college was to walk dogs and a dog kennel. I got poison Ivy so bad from that place that my eye was swollen shut and I had to be put on a steroid. I also got a nasty bug bite near my eye when I was in highschool and had to show up to school with a teary swollen shut eye. I got called cyclops that day. LOL!
25. Overall I know I am a blessed person and am thankful for EVERYTHING God has given me!
20 Day Budget Challenge
Take one month to get your finances in order - learn my best money saving tips and tricks!