Here is a really easy way to fold paper money into heart-shaped dollar bill origami. This is a perfect gift to add to a Valentine card – great for kids or grandkids! Or if you are just looking for creative ways to give the gift of cash, then here is one fun way to do that! Little things like this can make the surprise inside a card that much more fun! Look at the step by step diagrams below and see how easy it is to take a single dollar bill and turn it into a perfect heart! (These are more fun than a boring gift card in my opinion!)
The only material you need for your heart-shaped dollar bill origami is a crisp dollar bill! No special origami paper
is needed for this project!
Here are the easy step by step instructions on how to fold your one-dollar bill into a simple heart:
- Take your crisp bill and fold the bottom of the bill to the backside about 1/4 inch, or at the top of the words “one dollar.” Make a sharp crease.
2. The next step is to fold it in half – “hamburger bun” fold rather than “hotdog bun”
3. Open the dollar back up and fold the bottom edge of one-half of the dollar to the center recent folds line.
4. Do the same origami fold on the opposite side of the bill and make sharp creases.
5. Turn the bill over so George Washington is facing you. Now at the top of the bill, fold the center corner of both backsides down to meet the edge. This will make a little flap on each side.
6. Then fold each outer corner (similar to the previous step) in to meet the edge. This is now how the top point of the dollar bill origami heart is formed.
7. The last step is to fold bill in a small part of each corner that sticks out on the sides. Now your heart shape is complete!
Turn it over to see the finished model of the heart-shaped dollar bill origami!
You can make two different versions of this heart shaped dollar origami. If you Here is what it looks like if you start with George Washington facing you at the beginning. Then just repeat steps 1-7 and the final version will look like the picture above. What a fun way to take a humble dollar bill, fold it a few times, and turn it into a fun gift of money!
Ready for the next level of dollar bill origami? Check out how to make money origami flowers. This might just turn into a regular origami hobby for you!
(Pin this to your gift ideas Pinterest board!)
Now you have your origami heart with a dollar bill! You can use these heart-shaped dollar bills and place them inside Valentine cards!
This project doesn’t have to be used just for Valentine’s Day! Other great ideas to give this fun small gift to put into stockings at Christmas, Easter baskets at Easter, Graduation cards, or any holiday season event where you want to give cash in a creative way. Maybe even the tooth fairy could fold her money into a heart as well! Fold a $20 bill and that could be a more fun way to give money rather than a gift card!