Here is a really easy way to fold a dollar bill into heart-shaped dollar origami. This is a perfect gift to add to a Valentine card – great for kids or grandkids! Or if you are just looking for creative ways to give the gift of money, then here is one fun way to do that!
The only material you need for your heart-shaped origami dollar is a crisp dollar bill! No special origami paper
is needed for this project!
Here are the easy step by step instructions on how to fold your one-dollar bill into a simple heart:
- Take your crisp bill and fold the bottom of the bill to the backside about 1/4 inch, or at the top of the words “one dollar.” Make a sharp crease.
2. The next step is to fold it in half – “hamburger bun” fold rather than “hotdog bun”
3. Open the dollar back up and fold the bottom edge of one-half of the dollar to the center recent fold line.
4. Do the same origami fold on the opposite side of the bill and make sharp creases.
5. Turn the bill over so George Washington is facing you. Now at the top of the bill, fold the center corner of both backsides down to meet the edge.
6. Then fold each outer corner in to meet the edge. This is now how the top point of the heart is formed.
7. The last step is to fold bill in a small part of each corner that sticks out on the sides. Now your heart shape is complete!
Turn it over to see the finished model of the heart-shaped dollar bill origami!
You can make two different versions of this heart shaped dollar origami. If you Here is what it looks like if you start with George Washington facing you at the beginning. Then just repeat steps 1-7 and the final version will look like the picture above.
(Pin this to your gift ideas Pinterest board!)
Now you have your origami heart with a dollar bill! You can use these heart-shaped dollar bills and place them inside Valentine cards!
This project doesn’t have to be used just for Valentine’s Day! Other great ideas to give this fun small gift to put into stockings at Christmas, Easter baskets at Easter, Graduation cards, or any holiday season event where you want to give cash in a creative way. Maybe even the tooth fairy could fold her money into a heart as well! Fold a $20 bill and that could be a more fun way to give money rather than a gift card!