If you want to find a cheap way to get a nail salon-quality manicure for less than $10, then keep reading! Especially if you are looking for the new trendsetting galaxy nail designs! Galaxy nail art is everyone’s new favorite “color” for the perfect manicure. The best part is though, is that galaxy nail art varies between a lighter color or dark shades of nail polish.
You may also be wondering how you pull off a galaxy theme manicure with traditional nail polish. My secret today to share with you is that you don’t. I have a very EASY and AFFORDABLE premier nails care way to pull off sporting the galaxy nail trend using quality products that beat the best salons! Check out some images below on a variety of ways to get your galaxy nails using nail polish strips made by ColorStreet! This is the most affordable way to get a nail spa experience for the fraction of the price. PLUS – you have many styles to choose from to get your full set of galaxy nails today!
When I was introduced to ColorStreet, I was interested because I had already tried a couple of other of “sticker nail polish” brands that I found at Walmart or on Amazon. I did like how they looked, but I didn’t like that the tips of my nails would not be smooth upon putting them on. I would spend so much time filing off the extra sticker upon application, that it just left a roughness on the tips of my nails that I wasn’t happy about. Then when it came time to take off the stickers, some of my actual nail came off with the stickers!!!!! Talk about not healthy for my nails!!!
Then I ran into a friend who had an amazing glitter pattern on her nails and I asked her right away how she did her nails. She told me she went to a ColorStreet party and ordered these nail polish stickers. I asked her if it was similar to a different brand I had already used and she told me that ColorStreet was actually nailpolish (not a sticker) and that they go on like butter! I was intrigued to learn more and found a distributor for this new brand (ColorStreet is not sold in stores!.) When I went to the website, I immediately saw that there was a buy 3, get 1 free sale. I knew I was going to take advantage of that deal! So I ordered 4 different colors and one of them was this first design (see the image above and below) is called Under The Stars. Silver and blue are my favorite colors (they were the colors in my wedding, and are the colors of my bathroom today!.) I loved how easy it was to apply the nail polish stickers and really loved how my nails looked!
Some may choose to want to just wear this style around July 4th, but since these were my favorite colors, I wanted to wear them all year! The silver iridescent nails looked amazing and I wanted that look 24/7 on my nails. PLUS, it was SO EASY to apply these to my nails!
I made a video below that you need to watch! It shows you just how easy it is to apply these to your nails!
A couple of things I want to highlight about ColorStreet Galaxy Nails from the video:
- You can mix and match the colors that you order – put three solid colors on three nails, and two glitter nails on your other two nails. We no longer need to have 10 matching fingers when it comes to manicures. Since there is a Buy 3 Get 1 FREE Sale, you may want to grab colors that will work well together.
- Each nail sticker comes with a base coat, color coat, and top coat so you don’t have to think about that many steps and the drying time in between when completing your manicure.
- You can get two nails covered with just one sticker. Each package comes with 16 strips. If you are careful and plan each sticker for each nail, you could possibly get 3 full manicures out of every package! So if you get a glitter design that costs $13, and you get three manicures out of it, that’s like paying just $4.30! Talk about way cheaper than going to a salon to get your nails done!!! Plus you will find designs here that you could never get from a traditional bottle of nail polish!
- You do not need to use all of your strips at once! I place my extras in a zip lock bag and stick them in the freezer so they don’t dry out. Then when I’m ready for my next manicure, I have a variety of colors to choose from!
- Since you can remove these using nail polish remover, they will not damage your nails like other nail stickers I have tried that peel off part of my nail upon removal!
- If you want your manicures to last even longer than up to 14 days, add a clear coat of traditional nail polish on top for them to last as long as they can!
- Be patient with your first application and take your time. You want to be sure you get the sizing correct. I’ll be honest that it took me until about the 4th application before I felt really confident and was able to apply them faster than regular nail polish.
- There is no fear of smudging because there is ZERO drying time (unless you add on a quick coat of clear nail polish when you are done.)
- ColorStreet nail polish strips work on both short and long nails. Since you can cut the strips to fit your nails, there is not magic length to use them on!
- ColorStreet also has sizes for a regular pedicure! I hope they come out with more options for pedicures soon. I’m headed to the Outerbanks in North Carolina for February break and can’t wait to try Seoul Sisters on my toes!
- ColorStreet is WAY easier to apply than gel polish! I purchased many gel polishes, along with the UV light, and just never got a good manicure out of it. I’d pick these nail polish strips any day for the perfect, smudge-proof, manicure!
This one is Holidaze. This one is in the “glitters” section when you are shopping. It has dark shades as the background, with a bright colored giltter on top. It totally looks like brightly colored stars in the sky – perfect for a galaxy nailscape!
Here is a second look at Holidaze. It’s almost like you can imagine seeing the milky way pattern in your nails!
This next one (my personal favorite) has black nails as the base using Midnight in Manhatten. Then you had a clear Undercover on top, which gives it its iridescence shine and different color to represent the night sky.
The solid black polish that is Midnight in Manhatten gives a tremendous contrast with Undercover on top. I just love the iridescence that is in the Undercover color. This is my personal favorite style for galaxy nails when it comes to a nailscape. I’ve had this style on my nails for the last 6 days, with zero sign of wear! Since I type all day for my job, and am cooking or folding laundry at night, you know my nails are used! I just love how long these manicures last!
This one here is modeled by my 12 year old daughter and she is wearing Twilight Hour. You should be able to see that a blue polish was used as a base color with the varied colors of glitter mixed in. Another great color to represent the night sky!
Other ColorStreet Galaxy Nails Options:
Once you try one of these, you will truly feel like a nail artist that can treat yourself to your own spa treatment services!
ColorStreet Nails always offers seasonal designs as well! Check out the 5 Valentine’s Day nails they are offering now!
Now since these nail polish strips come with a base, middle and top coat, there is no need to add an additional top coat. But I will say that as a bonus tip, topping these off with a clear coat of regular nail polish does extend the life of your manicure. Especially if you type a lot (like I do), or use your hands a lot throughout the day, it will help the tips from getting chipped. I still have on my Midnight in Manhatten with Undercover on top on my nails currently. I’m sure that since I have two strips on, it naturally gives them more durability to last longer. I’ve had these on for 6 days with zero signs of chipping.
Give yourself some extra time the first time you apply ColorStreet to your nails. Be patient, especially if you have to stretch the stickers at all to fit your nail. Don’t pull to hard, or you’ll rip your strip, making it unusable!
I will also say that in general, the glitter strips last longer than the solid colors. Again, that should make sense, since the glitter is more material in the nail polish that adds strength to it. If you do buy a solid color, I’d encourage you to also get either clear nail art or glitter dipped to add on top of your solid color.