10 Ways to Save money this Holiday Season
Here are 10 ways to save money this holiday season. This will give you some inspiration and guidance to avoid going into consumer debt during the Christmas! You really can have a wonderful holiday without spending a fortune. Here are 10 practical ways to do so!
- Use Coupons! Use the Coupon Database or check out store lists for Walmart, Wegmans, Tops & More! There are many printable grocery coupons for Thanksgiving dinner items! If you are looking to purchase numerous copies of just one coupon, or want to know where to find a different value coupon, then shop at sites like jackscardsandcoupons.com or Klip2Save.com. Check out my Facebook Live video on how I snagged $0.19 body wash by purchasing coupons in bulk:
- Learn the Drug Store Freebie Game at Rite Aid, CVS, and Walgreens. Stock up for your family, or create gift baskets or use as stocking stuffers
- Rewards Programs! Cash in your points in exchange for gifts for kids!!
Mycokerewards.com ( I have cashed in here to save $20 on my Christmas Photo Cards from Shutterfly!)
Disneymovierewards.com – I got an adorable Olaf ornament for my daughter!
- Shopping online? Use Ebates for Cash Back!
- Be sure to look for additional online promo codes retailmenot.com (use the app for easy access) or Dealspotr.com when shopping online
- Sell items on Ebay, Half.com, Etsy, Cragislist, Amazon or local garage sale facebook groups. This is a great time to do a de-cluttering before you bring in more Christmas gifts into the home and earn cash for gifts in the process!
- Take Surveys online and earn cash! Sign up with one of these companies and start earning!
- Credit Card Rewards – use as gift cards for Christmas gifts. This may be a controversial way to save money – but we use our credit card on as much as we can on a monthly basis. We get 1% to 5% cash back on our purchases. We pay off our card each month, and make usually about $30 – $50 in cash from our credit card company! That helped pay for weekend getaway trips my family took this past summer!
10. Make your own frugal gifts – here are a few I have done: Homemade Lavender Soap (pictured above), Mason Jar Gift Ideas: Curried Lentil Soup Mix, Homemade Essential Oil Diffuser Christmas Tree Ornament
You could even make your own colorful wrapping paper using food coloring and shaving cream!
BONUS TIP: In the market to get a gift card (and who doesn’t’ love gift cards, right?) Be sure to buy one through Raise.com – you will always get a card worth more than you pay!
Have your own ways to Save Money this Holiday Season? Add more in the comments below!