What can you put in a mason jar as a gift??
If you are looking for a great mason jar gift idea this holiday season, then I have one for you! This one is a dry soup mix in a jar recipe for curried lentil soup.
For this one, you need just a few dry ingredients to make a Curried Lentil Soup Mix, a mason jar, and the printed recipe card that I have already made for you!
I used these one year as Christmas gifts to fellow moms in my Mother’s of Preschoolers group. These would also make wonderful teacher and neighbor gifts as well!
Ingredients needed for this mason jar gift idea for Curried Lentil Soup Mix:
1/2 cup green lentils
1 cup of rice
1/3 cup of red lentils
spice mix (*see recipe below)
Curried Lentil Soup Mix Recipe Card – fill out the form below to get yours sent to your inbox!
Free Printable Recipe Card
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter and you'll get your free printable recipe card right in your inbox!
Spice Mix Recipe:
1/2 tsp. turmeric
3/4 tsp. cardamom
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
To Make 8 Jars (which is what I did):
4 tsp. turmeric
6 tsp. cardamom
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. ground pepper
1 tsp. nutmeg
(use 1 3/4 tsp. of spice mix per jar)
- Take your clean and empty jars and start by filling them with 1/2 cup of green lentils. Then add 1 3/4 tsp of the spice mix.
2. Add a cup of rice and top off with 1/3 cup of red lentils.
3. Go ahead and cap your jar. Grap a hole punch and punch your recipe card.
I think these Nessy Ladles are just adorable, so I attached one of these as well to each soup mix. Your friends will have to get a few more ingredients to complete the soup – onion, garlic, coconut milk and water.
If you are looking for what you can put in mason jars for Christmas, I hope you try out this idea! When you try the recipe, come back and let me know what you think!! Have other mason jar gift ideas? Share them with us in the comments!
- ½ cup green lentils
- 1 cup of rice
- ⅓ cup of red lentils
- spice mix (*see recipe below)
- pint sized mason jar
- Curried Lentil Soup Mix Recipe Card
- Spice mix:
- 4 tsp. turmeric
- 6 tsp. cardamom
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- (use 1¾ tsp. of spice mix per jar)
- Take your clean and empty jars and start by filling them with ½ cup of green lentils. Then add 1¾ tsp of the spice mix.
- Add a cup of rice and top off with ⅓ cup of red lentils.
- Cap your jar and grap a hole punch and punch your recipe card.
- Your friends will have to get a few more wet ingredients to complete the soup - onion, garlic, coconut milk and water.
Looking for more homemade gift ideas? Check out these ideas:
Rustic Home Decor: How To Use a Flower Loom – you could even wrap your soup mix like these jars. 🙂