I’m so thrilled that all summer long, I’m going to be able to bring to you some amazing recipe ideas using fresh garden veggies! I’ve teamed up with fellow bloggers and we each will have our own veggie and recipe to share with you all.
Today’s featured garden vegetable is GREEN BEANS!
Garden Veggie Blog Hoppers – Welcome to your Green Bean veggie recipe idea!!
- 1 lb green beans (can be frozen)
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place 1lb of trimmed and cleaned green beans in a microwavable safe veggie steamer. Steam for 10 min, until tender.
- While the beans are cooking, mix together butter, nutmeg, lemon juice, salt & pepper.
- Pour the lemon/nutmeg dressing over the beans and toss.
- Serve right away, or let marinate for 30 min. and re-heat for more potent lemon flavor.
Check out more Recipes for Using the Garden Veggies on my Pinterest Board!
Find more easy & frugal recipe ideas over here!