This garden fresh simple green beans recipe with lemon and rosemary dressing is a wonderful way to use your garden fresh green beans with a bit of a twist on flavor rather than the traditional olive oil, salt & pepper combo.
I got this recipe from my husband’s uncle who made this for a summer family picnic. It was unique and delicious and I just had to share it with you!
This is a simple green beans recipe using just 4 ingredients – fresh green beans, lemon, butter, and rosemary!
The combo of lemon and rosemary is delicious and I’m sure you will enjoy this twist on a favorite fresh garden veggie this time of year!Print
Garden Fresh Green Beans with Lemon & Rosemary Dressing
Here is a unique dressing you can add to garden fresh steamed green beans as a wonderful side dish to any summer meal!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 lb green beans (can be frozen)
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 fresh sprig of rosemary leaves or 1 tsp. of dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place 1lb of trimmed and cleaned green beans in a microwavable safe veggie steamer. Steam for 10 min, until tender.
- While the beans are cooking, mix together butter, rosemary, lemon juice, salt & pepper.
- Pour the lemon/rosemary dressing over the beans and toss.
- Serve right away, or let marinate for 30 min. and re-heat for more potent lemon flavor.
Another twist on this recipe is to substitute the 1 tsp. of rosemary and instead add 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg. That is also a wonderful and unique flavor that you can try with your fresh green beans!
Find more easy & frugal recipe ideas over here!
Check out these 13 Recipes Using the Garden Veggies post!
You may also be interested in reading these: 51 Tomato Recipes for Your Abundant Tomato Harvest or these 5 Ingredient or Less Dinner Recipes!
I get to bring a veggie dish to Thanksgiving, and this looks so much better than drowning some poor innocent green beans in canned soup.
LOL Audrey – but that canned soup….we are all addicted to it. 🙂 Hope you like this change!