Here are my favorite organizing a bathroom tips and products to help control the potential chaos in this high traffic room!
Having a neat and tidy bathroom can be a challenge – especially when you live with little kids! But the first thing I tackle when organizing a bathroom is to get rid of anything that has not been used in the last 12 months. Unless you are storing cleaning products that you will use in the future, get rid of any toiletries or cleaning products that you have not used, especially if they are past their expiration date. For example, I recently just tossed a milk bath that was in my Christmas stocking probably 5 years ago. I keep thinking I’m going to take that relaxing bath and use it, but I haven’t . So in the garbage it went. Go through your entire bathroom and toss those old items, and remove anything that doesn’t’ belong in the bathroom.
Once you have de-cluttered, the mantra I go by is not something that is profoundly new – I go with Benjamin Franklin’s Quote of “A place for everything, everything in its place,”
What I have created below are some genius products you can find on Amazon to help you find a place for everything in your bathroom. Many of these are in my bathroom and I’m recommending them because they really work for me!
1. Native Spring Toothpaste Dispenser and Toothbrush Holder– I was so sick and tired of the kids sink always having toothbrushes and toothpaste in a pile of chaos surrounding their sink. This little gadget has helped tremendously!
2. ShowerBreeze Water Jet Dental Irrigator – I’m totally guilty of not being the most consistent at flossing my teeth. My dentist suggested I try a water pick because it may be the tool that I’ll love and actually use on a regular basis. I was willing to try it, but I wasn’t thrilled with the idea of having a bulky water pick system on my bathroom sink. Then I found this shower water pick – and its amazing! Not only does it quickly clean my gums each day in the shower, it easily cleans the nooks and crannies in the shower that are a pain to clean with just a sponge!
3. Chenille Hand Towel from Norwex – You can hang these on the wall so that the hand towel isn’t always bunched up and growing mildew. These are naturally antibacterial, so you launder them less than the average bath hand towel.
4. Wrenwane Stylish Shower Curtain Hooks, 100% Stainless Steel, Polished Chrome, Set of 12 Rings – My husband was a fan of these – he was sick of the curtain always getting snagged on the shower bar. These little hooks with balls on them solve that.
5. Leapair Tension Shower Caddy 4 Tier Adjustable Bathroom Constant Tension Corner Pole Caddy – having a place to keep all of your shower toiletries is key. What I like about this one is that ot goes from tub to ceiling. I’ve used smaller ones in the past that are just held by suction cups, and always seem to fall off the wall right in the middle of the night and wake us up. This one doesn’t’ do that. And it also has easy to clean shelves – especially if you have the water pick mentioned above. It’s easy to wash off any soap scum that may build up on each shelf.
6. Sorbus Wall Mount Wine/Towel Rack (Holds 6 Bottles) – I’ve always been a fan of rolling bathroom towels and I think this is just a nice way to display them in your bathroom.
7. Norwex Envirocloth + Window Cloth: Get rid of glass/mirror cleaning bottles! Replace them with this basic set from Norwex!
New to Norwex? Check out this 2 minute video on why you will never need windex or any other chemical cleaner to clean your bathroom mirrors ever again!
8. Organize It All Basic Overdoor 6-Basket Unit – if you have a small bathroom with limited storage, this is a great idea to utilize space on your bathroom door!
9. mDesign Over-Cabinet Hair Care Tools Holder – again, getting a holder like this is a huge space saver! I was taking up an entire drawer for my blow dryer and straightener until I got this. Now I have an extra drawer for toiletries!
10. LDR 3 Piece Storage Organizer Set, Satin Nickel Finish – everyone needs to take advantage of the space above the toilet for storage! I put extra towels and a box of kleenex on mine.
11. Zenna Home 9820CHBB, Bathroom Spacesaver, Espresso/Frosted Glass – this is just another option that I personally like and want to get for myself. 😉
12. Organize It All 2-Tier Shelf with Towel Bars (1753) – another way to organize a bathroom using wall space.
13. Storage Basket 15x15x13″ – Cotton Rope, Beautiful Color Design, Home Storage for Laundry – if you keep dirty laundry in the bathroom – this looked like a high quality storage and carrier!
14. Power Perch – 1pack (white) – Works with All Vertical Single Outlets – this is a genius way to use space above your outlet!
15. Kitchen bathroom cabinet under sink adjustable shelf organizer rack stand – take advantage of all of your bathroom cupboard space and not just the bottom shelf.
16. Honla Perforated Plastic Storage Baskets/Bins Organizer with Little Handles- organize and categorize your toiletries in baskets like these! You could assign a color to your kids and have them each have their own basket.
17. 24″ Wood Slim Bathroom Cabinet Stand – White – if you are running out of space to store toilet paper – this is genius! Nothing else fits in that small space between the toilet and the wall – so you may as well get this cabinet and store your toilet paper there!
18. 2 x Mesh Bath Toy Organizer + 6 Ultra Strong Hooks – The Perfect Net for Bathtub Toys & Bathroom Storage. The toys dry out and they won’t be at your feet when its time for you to shower.
19. Tub Shroom – This has been amazing at keeping hair from clogging my drain!!!
- Our bathtub drain strainer fits any standard tub drain and is guaranteed to catch every hair every time
- Available in five fun colors: Clean White, Marine Blue, Neutral Gray, Organic Green, and Autumn Orange
- Fits any standard 1.5″ tub drain or 1.5″ bathroom sink drain, NOTE: NOT FOR SHOWER STALL DRAINS
What about you? What genius products have you found that help you organize a bathroom? Let us know in the comments!