Today I’m going to show you how to make confetti that has soap in it and dissolves in your bath!
They are made out of dissolvable paper and soap and are so much fun – especially for kids! These make terrific DIY gift ideas that everyone who loves baths will enjoy!
The easiest way on how to make confetti for your bath is to use Paper Solvy – the really cool paper that dissolves in water. It will be the base of your biodegradable confetti. You then brush on color, scent, and soap to the paper and you’ve made yourself dissolvable bath confetti! It’s a great way to add a touch of fun to bathtime! If you or your kids like soaking in the tub, then having your own confetti that dissolves and gives off an essential oil scent, then this craft is for you!
With winter around the corner and colder temperatures coming, I made mine in snowflake shapes, but you can get paper punches in any shape – so you could make these for any season! See the full tutorial below on how to make yours!
Materials Needed For How to Confetti For Your Bath:
- Paper Solvy (I advise using this exact type of paper! I’ve heard from others who have tried this with different paper and it didn’t work.)
- Liquid Castile Soap
- Essential Oils – I used lavender and rose
- soap colorants
- snowflake paper punch (or any paper punch shape of your choosing)
- 2 bowls
- sponge paintbrush
- storage jar with decorative washi tape (optional)
Instructions on how to make confetti for your bath:
- Start by getting 2 small bowls. Start by adding 2-3 tablespoons of castile soap to your bowls.
2. Then add about 20 drops of rose essential oil to one bowl and 20 drops of lavender essential oil to the other. I want my snowflakes to be two different colors – but you could just make one color snowflake and blend the essential oil scents in one bowl if you prefer.
3. Then it is time to add some color to your scented liquid soap. I added 2 drops of blue soap color to the rose-scented soap and one red and one blue drop (to make purple) to the lavender-scented soap. Be sure to use soap coloring and not food coloring. The food coloring will not mix well with the oils and the soap.
I would normally add red coloring to the rose-scented soap, but I wanted the snowflakes to be light purple and light blue confetti shapes because well – they are snowflakes! Go ahead and choose whatever colors you prefer!
4. Stir the soap, essential oils, and soap coloring together until well blended.
5. Now it’s time to get your paper solvy dissolvable paper and paint it with your colored and scented liquid soap. An easy way Ito paint on the soap fast is to use foam brushes. Paint the front and back of 2 sheets of paper – one with the blue rose-scented soap and the other for the light purple lavender-scented liquid soap. Be sure the paper gets fully saturated with the liquid soap mixture.
6. Grab a drying rack or cookie sheet and leave these out to dry for a few hours.
How To Make Confetti Into Different Shapes
7. When each sheet of paper is fully dry, you can get your paper punch and start creating your dissolvable snowflake bath confetti! Make as many punches as you can out of each sheet of paper. Don’t forget that you can use any shaped paper punch you want, giving you tons of options for variety of shapes! The design ideas are endless and you’ll be amazed at how many different paper punch shapes their are in your local craft store or on Amazon! (ADD LINK TO AMAZON!) You can also make little confettis with just plain hole punchers! This is a fun way to make confetti for your bath shaped for any holiday or special occasion (even an anniversary getaway 😉
The colors here are not very bold, so if you want a bolder color, add more soap color drops when you start.I like the subtle colorful confetti that looks quite nice in a glitter wash tape decorated jar!
8. When you are ready to use them, sprinkle a handful or so (not too much confetti) into the bath and you’ll see how quickly it dissolves! It will add a touch of castile soap and essential oils to your bath that will make it more relaxing and fun! You’ll get some extra bubbles and essential oil aromas in your bath. These are easy and fun to make and are an easy DIY gift idea!
You could also make heart shaped confetti to use for Valentine’s Day. Or make either pink or blue hearts to give to an expecting mom as a baby shower gift! Or make a variety of colors of hearts to give as a bridal shower gift. You could also have a girls night with some DIY spa treatments and can hand out small baggies filled with bath confetti as a party favor. The creativity is endless when it comes to giving these for special events and holidays.
Looking for more easy crafts that can be used as DIY gift ideas? Check these out (combine a few of these for a wonderful gift basket!):