Today I’m going to show you how to make bath confetti! These make terrific DIY gift ideas that are frugal and fun! It uses a really cool paper that dissolves in water. You brush on color, scent and soap to the paper and you’ve made yourself dissolvable bath confetti!
I made mine in snowflake shapes, but you can get paper punches in any shape – so you could make these for any season! See the full tutorial below on how to make yours!
How to make bath confetti – materials needed:
- Paper Solvy
- Liquid Castile Soap
- Essential Oils – I used lavender and rose
- soap colorants
- snowflake paper punch (or any paper punch shape of your choosing)
- 2 bowls
- sponge paintbrush
- storage jar with decorative washi tape (optional)
Instructions on how to make bath confetti:
- Start by getting 2 small bowls. Start by adding 2-3 tablespoons of castile soap to your bowls.
2. Then add about 20 drops of rose essential oil to one bowl and lavender to the other. I want my snowflakes to be two different colors – but you could just make one color snowflake and blend the essential oil scents in one bowl if you prefer.
3. Then it is time to add some color to your scented liquid soap. I added 2 drops of blue soap color to the rose scented soap and one red and one blue drop (to make purple) to the lavender scented soap.
I would normally add red coloring to the rose scented soap, but I wanted the snowflakes to be light purple and light blue because well – they are snowflakes! Go ahead and choose whatever colors you prefer!
4. Stir the soap, essential oils, and soap coloring together until well blended.
5. Now it’s time to get your paper solvy dis-solvable paper and paint it with your colored and scented liquid soap. I painted the front and back of 2 sheets of paper – one for blue rose-scented and the other the light purple lavender-scented. Be sure the paper gets fully saturated with the liquid soap mixture.
6. Grab a drying rack or cookie sheet and leave these out to dry for a few hours.
7. When each sheet of paper is fully dry, you can get your paper punch and start creating your dis-solvable snowflake bath confetti! Make as many punches as you can out of each sheet of paper.
The colors here are not very bold, so if you want a bolder color, add more soap color drops when you start.
I like the subtle color that looks quite nice in a glitter wash tape decorated jar!
8. When you are ready to use them, sprinkle a handful or two into the bath and you’ll see how quickly it dissolves! It will add a touch of castile soap and essential oils to your bath that will make it more relaxing and fun! You’ll get some extra bubbles and essential oil aromas in your bath. These are easy and fun to make and are an easy DIY gift idea!