If anyone is planning a great camping trip or camping road trip for upcoming weekend trips, check out these camping hacks – including camping meals and easy recipes for breakfast, lunch or dinner! There is also a slew of ideas for awesome camping desserts that can’t be left out!
If you are looking for camping hacks and other great tips for camping, especially when it comes to what to bring and camping with kids, see the camping hacks listed below for some help and inspiration!
I included a short packing list at the top, but there is a longer list below you can print yourself. If you are tent camping at a camp site, and are truly roughing it and not RV camping (is that even camping???), then you’ll enjoy these camping hacks to help you get a good night’s sleep.
List of suggested important things to pack for a good camping experience: (affiliate links)
- sleeping bag
- first aid kit
- picnic table cover
- shoe organizer for camping
- plastic container or bin (for food storage)
- bar of soap
- bug spray or essential oils like citronella & geranium
- trash bag (or bags)
- duct tape
- paper plates, napkins, plastic utensils (you can wash and reuse these and they are lighter than metal)
- pill bottle to store matches (and keep them dry) or get these
- shower caddy to carry to bathrooms
- plastic bag or bags (to put muddy clothes or shoes or garbage in)
- rope and clothes line to dry towels or other clothing that gets wet
- 5 gallon jug to fill with water for dishwashing or handwashing
- paper towels
- air mattress
- flip flops
- lantern and/or flashlight
- aluminum foil
- hatchet to cut firewood
- hot water bottle (fill with boiling water at night to keep you warm on cold nights) or get one of these
- travel toothbrush
- portable charger for cell phones (if you are on an electric free site)
- large water bottle for each person
- camp stoves
- camping cookware
- camping knife with fire starter
- French press coffee maker
- rain suit
List of Camping Recipes and Camping Tips
Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner Camping Recipes:
Bring pancake mix for breakfasts since all you need is water and a camping stove!
Clever Ideas for Dessert Camping Recipes:
How To Make The Best Texas Peach Cobbler (optional vanilla ice cream needed for this one!)
Peanut Butter Snack Bites – These are great to make ahead and bring on a hike or have for dessert.
Easy Camping Hacks and Tips:
A great way to make homemade fire starters is to fill a toilet or paper towel roll with dryer lint! Use one match to light this and put it under small and dry kindling to get the fire started!