I’m so thrilled that all summer long, I’m going to be able to bring to you some amazing recipe ideas using fresh garden veggies! I’ve teamed up with fellow bloggers and we each will have our own veggie and recipe to share with you all.
Today’s featured garden vegetable is GREEN BEANS!
This is a simple recipe using just 4 ingredients – fresh green beans, lemon, butter, and rosemary! The combo of lemon and rosemary is delish and I’m sure you will enjoy this twist on a favorite fresh garden veggie this time of year!
- 1 lb green beans (can be frozen)
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 fresh sprig of rosemary leaves or 1 tsp. of dried rosemary
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place 1lb of trimmed and cleaned green beans in a microwavable safe veggie steamer. Steam for 10 min, until tender.
- While the beans are cooking, mix together butter, rosemary, lemon juice, salt & pepper.
- Pour the lemon/nutmeg dressing over the beans and toss.
- Serve right away, or let marinate for 30 min. and re-heat for more potent lemon flavor.
Check out more Recipes for Using the Garden Veggies on my Pinterest Board!
Find more easy & frugal recipe ideas over here!
Check out these 13 Recipes Using the Garden Veggies post!