How Do You Make Homemade Puffy Paint with Shaving Cream?
When I learned how to make homemade puffy paint, I was astounded at just how easy it was to make! You only need two ingredients (or three if you want different colors), and the results are amazing!
I know that when my kids are bored and you don’t want to stick them in front of the TV again, here is an easy and frugal way to keep them entertained – with your own homemade puffy paint with shaving cream, glue, and optional food coloring!
How do you make puffy paint with glue and shaving cream?
- All you need to make your homemade puffy paint is to mix shaving cream and glue. I recommend a 1:1 ratio of shaving cream and glue – but it doesn’t need to be perfectly 1:1.
2. Then use about half of a shaving cream can in 4 paper bowls. Then split up one bottle of liquid white glue between the 4 bowls.
3. Stir until the shaving cream and glue is mixed well.
4. If you want some color, then go ahead and add a drop of 2 of food coloring to the bowl and stir until the color is smooth.
Once you have your colored homemade puffy paint, grab some paper and let the artwork begin!
You will want to wait a few hours (even overnight) to let this fully dry so that you can touch it and it will be soft and puffy!
Check out this 4-minute video below that shows just how easy it is to make the most entertaining homemade puffy paint!! Super fun for kids of all ages – and its not too terribly messy either!!
Looking for more easy ways to easily entertain your kids? Check out these posts:
- Homemade Play Dough – also with just 2 ingredients!!
- Soapy Homemade Play Dough For Kids
- Fluffy Slime Recipe For Kids
- Toddler Activities: Sensory Bag Using Glitter Glue and Body Wash (NOT Messy!!)