We recently made this homemade fluffy slime recipe at our house, and I want to share it with you because it will keep the kids busy for a while – rain or shine!
How Do You Make Fluffy Slime?
This DIY slime recipe is going to be a fun activity for you and your child.
One of the main items you’ll want is a good mixing bowl. Otherwise, most of the materials required to make this slime are common household items that you may find on-hand in your own home.
Fluffy Slime Ingredients:
- 1 Tablespoon of Borax
- 3-4 cups of shaving cream – I just eyeballed it in terms of measuring
- 4 oz of white liquid glue
- 2 Tablespoons of contact saline solution
- 1 cup of hot water
- 2-3 drops of food coloring (optional)
- Popsicle sticks for stirring
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Glitter or small gems (optional)
**Note that when I made this batch of this, we doubled the recipe for these pictures.
- The first thing you want to grab for this easy fluffy slime recipe is a large mixing bowl. Pour in 4 oz of white liquid glue.
2. Then grab your container of shaving cream and spray in 3-4 cups. We just eyeballed the measurement for this easy ingredient.
I let my daughter add all of the ingredients and she had just as much fun making this as she did playing with this it when it was all done!
3. If you want your fluffy slime to have some color, add the food coloring after you add the shaving cream. My daughter’s favorite color is purple, so we added 2 drops each of red and blue.
Because we ended up making a double batch of this DIY fluffy slime, the color was not very bright.
If you want a bolder color, then I suggest adding more drops of food coloring.
Stir all of the ingredients together. If you stop right here, you’ve actually made homemade puffy paint!
4. Now it is time to add 2 Tablespoons of contact saline solution. Once you add this salt solution, you will notice that the polymer will start to form.
You can stir it around a bit and see the ingredients start to pull together into a blob, slime-like substance.
5. Now heat up your cup of water in the microwave for about 30 seconds to a minute. It does not need to be boiling, but hot. Stir in 1 tablespoon of borax until it dissolves.
6. Pour the dissolved borax into the bowl and get your popsicle sticks out to start stirring your mixture. It will be hard to mix, but part of the fun is getting these ingredients to form the polymer that is the fluffy slime.
7. Keep stirring and stretching, and eventually, you will get a blob. Go ahead and remove it from your bowl and start mixing and moving it with your hands.
We also added some small gems to give it some “bling,” but I recommend adding just a bit of glitter as I think that will work better than the small gems we tried.
This is by far the softest and best-smelling fluffy slime I have ever made with my kids! If you have more than one child that wants to play with it, then be sure to make a double batch.
We kept ours in a gallon-size zip lock bag. If you do not keep it in an air tight container, it will dry out and get brittle. This is not great for creating sculptures that you want to dry and paint.
It is great for shaping, stretching, molding, and squishing! If you want the kids to settle down and be entertained, then this is the project to try!