I recently headed over to my local CSA and picked some organic strawberries. While as a family, we could just eat them all right up, but I did decide to keep a quart just for jam.
Since I’m not a fan of cooking unless recipes are super duper easy, I decided to make easy freezer jam and share this Strawberry Freezer Jam Recipe with you.
I also wanted to experiment and sweeten with honey. It seemed like a shame to sweeten all of those delicious organic strawberries with too much table sugar.Print
Easy Frugal Recipe | Strawberry Freezer Jam with Honey
Here is a quick and easy way to make delicious, homemade jam, sweetened with honey rather than sugar.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- 4 cups crushed fresh strawberries
- 1/2 – 1 cup of honey (depends on how sweet you want it)
- 2 envelopes of dry pectin – I used Knox brand
- 1 & 1/2 cups water
- Rinse, wash, remove stems, and crush strawberries
- Mix crushed strawberries with honey, and let stand for 10 minutes. Start with 1/2 cup honey, and add more until you reach desired sweetness.
- Meanwhile, stir the pectin into the water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and boil for 1 minute. Stir the boiling water into the strawberries. Allow to stand for 3 minutes before pouring into plastic storage containers. (I used extra small ziploc storage containers.)
- Place tops on the containers, and leave for 24 hours. Place into freezer, and store frozen until ready to use.
- This filled 3 extra small ziploc containers. Easily double the recipe for more!
- The jam lasts for about a month in the refrigerator after you take it out of the freezer. I added some tape and “removed from freezer:” as a reminder to date it when I remove from the freezer.
Find more easy and frugal recipe ideas over here!