This is a fun, frugal, but a little messy way to decorate Easter eggs that will keep year after year – Decoupage Easter Eggs!
Materials you will need for this Easter Egg Decorating Idea:
- Plastic Eggs (I’m sure you can get these for a $1 at any dollar store!) After Easter Clearance = around $0.25 per pack!
- White Liquid Glue or Mod Podge
- Newspaper print (or magazine)
- Glitter Glue (optional)
How to Decoupage Easter Eggs:
- Get a few plastic Easter eggs. Make a 50/50 mixture of water and white glue.
2. Choose a color scheme of newspaper print colors that you would like your egg design to be. I chose purple, white and blue as you can see in the pic above.
3. Cut and/or rip the newspaper into small pieces and submerge into the glue/water mixture. Cover each plastic egg with the newspaper until your design is complete. This is the messy part and you may need to let them get a bit tacky a piece at a time before you put on another strip of paper. Otherwise, they will slip off, and you’ll get annoyed, and throw the whole project out the window. 😉
4. Let it dry overnight. Squeeze some glitter glue onto the dried decoupaged egg, and smear around until an even layer of glitter is on each egg. This is a great frugal Easter Egg decor project that the kids will love to be involved in too! These cost me less than $5 to make!
Your decoupage eggs would be super cute to display in an egg carousel like this one!
Looking for more ways to decorate your eggs this year? Check these out:
Easter Egg Decorating Idea Using Sharpies & Rubberbands
Easter Egg Decorating Ideas – 10 Unique Ways!
Such a great idea- simple, yet darling!
Thanks so much! Absolutely simple! Anyone can do this!
Diana Rambles says
I love this idea of decoupaging eggs and the colors look almost marbled. Thank you for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy
Debra @ Bowl Me Over says
How fun, very artsy!