Each month in the retail world we can find great deals on specific items, and learn what categories to avoid that are not on sale. Here is the best info I found on what to snag this month vs. wait a bit until a sale pops up:
- For July, the big deal to announce is Amazon Prime Day! Be ready to shop on Amazon Prime Day – July 17th, with select deals starting as early as mid-day on July 16th. Because some items will be on sale for only a short time that day, you may want to download the Amazon App in advance so you can check on your phone throughout the day for the current deals. I’ll be posting Amazon deals all day here as well.
- Before Amazon Prime Day, be on the lookout for 4th of July Sales — especially with clothing, and outdoor gear! Groupon Goods has had great sales on both!
- If you are planning a last minute trip for the 4th of July weekend, you could find some great prices on hotels. Hotels.com has a 4th of July Promo code to save 10% – RMN72018. You can find cheaper hotel rooms in July – typically they can be up to $60 cheaper per night in July vs. August!
- Christmas in July – retailers will offer varied sales at the end of month to celebrate Christmas in July. There hasn’t been a consistent history on what sorts of items will go on sale for this retail “holiday” – but be on the lookout for advertised sales in honor of the 6 month mark until Christmas.
What not to buy in July:
- Amazon Prime Day Junk Items – some Amazon retailers may claim lower prices on Amazon prime Day, but in reality they aren’t offering a significant discount that is different from the rest of the year.
- Laptops – even though Back-To-School deals start to pop up in July, it’s better to wait until August – especially for big ticket items like laptops for college bound students.
- Grills – It is peak time for grill season – which is usually the worst time to buy a product! Wait until late September or October for all of the great end-of-the-season grill sales!