Bringing up Baby: Costs & Habit Insights of the American Mom from zulily
In celebration of moms this Mother’s Day, zulily is honoring new moms nationwide by helping moms budget for all things baby!
Here are some survey insights they found regarding spending and saving habits when preparing for baby:
- With annual childcare costs hovering around $6,000, it’s crucial to choose (and pay!) the right person to watch your kids.
- Raising kids can get pretty pricey, so it’s no surprise a third of mothers surveyed said they’d compete in a monthly random dance battle (32%) in exchange for free baby gear, attire, etc. LOL – how many of you would do this??
- Almost half of mothers surveyed (45%) said the most missed pre-mom indulgence is actually having a day off. I am in total agreement with this one!!
- 33% of moms agreed that the most common squabble couples have regarding new parenting is about money. That’s why you need to set up a budget in advance!
So now check out how Zulily, just in the last year, helped customers have saved millions of dollars on baby gear items. Here’s the breakdown:
- Savings on baby blankets: over $2.4M
- Total savings on key items needed to set up a nursery: over $2.6M
- Savings on all baby feeding supplies: over $4.5M
I think Zulily needs to have a baby registry section!
But I also know that Zulily is a great place to shop for gifts for Mom as well! They may be able to provide a discount for the baby, but now is the season to get something to celebrate the one who pours out their whole life for their baby!
Be sure to check back on zulily or on their app every morning to discover new finds, especially on Mother’s Day (May 8th) for their Moms First event, to shop everything a new mama wouldn’t want to be without.
**Sales Data Methodology: The methodology used to report on the 2015-16 maternity and infant purchasing trends was created by reviewing more than 262,000 products, from April 2015 – April 2016. zulily has approximately 5 million active customers, as of Q4 2015.
*The study was conducted online using a Google Consumer Survey, which uses inferred demographic and location information to employ stratified sampling method by distributing the surveys based on the targeted audience to its publisher network and/or android smartphone users. The study consisted of 1000 respondents between April 4th and April 7th among women aged 25-54. The margin of error is +/-5 percentage points.