I recently made this yummy comfort food, mac n’ cheese recipe and it turned out amazing!
Warning: This mac n’ cheese recipe is not calorie friendly, not gluten free, not dairy free, nor is it vegetarian. It breaks all of the current trends in popular alternative recipes – and it. is. DELICIOUS! 😉
This recipe truly is so so yummy! Be sure to pin and print this recipe and make it this month! You won’t be sorry as this is a wonderful mid- winter comfort food that will just put a smile on your face. 🙂
1 8 oz box of uncooked mini shell pasta
4 tablespoons of butter (1/2 stick), cut into pieces
8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 (10 3/4 oz) can of condensed cheddar cheese soup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk
4 pre-cooked chicken sausage (although any sausage will work)
14 oz can of artichoke hearts, quartered
panko bread crumbs
**See the recipe below for full cooking instructions**
Mac N’ Cheese Recipe with Sausage and Artichokes
This is the perfect one pot meal comfort food recipe! This will become your new favorite mac n’ cheese recipe!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dinner
- 1 8 oz box of uncooked mini shell pasta
- 4 tablespoons of butter (1/2 stick), cut into pieces
- 8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can of condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 pre-cooked chicken sausage
- 14 oz can of artichoke hearts, quartered
- panko bread crumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Boil the pasta in a saucepan until tender, about 7-8 minutes. Drain the pasta.
- Cut the sausage into bit size pieces and add to a frying pan. Add some olive oil and cook on medium heat until lightly browned.
- In a separate saucepan, mix the butter and shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until the cheese melts.
- Add the sour cream, cheddar cheese condensed soup, and whole milk. Stir until smooth.
- Add the cheese mixture to the cooked and drained pasta. Add the salt and stir. Add the browned sausage and drained artichoke hearts. Mix well and pour into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle panko break crumbs on the top.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until the bread crumbs just start to brown.
Let me know what you think of this mac n’ cheese after you try it! Come back and tell me about it in the comments!! 🙂
Looking for other recipes using sausage? Check these out: