Top At Home Learning Pre-School STEM Toys!
Since being a former middle and high school science teacher for 8 years before I became a mom, I’m a huge advocate for having science related toys for my kids to play with. My husband is also an engineer, so both of us are fans of science, technology, engineering, or math related toys that are educational and fun. We still have a 5 year old at our house, so I’m always on the hunt for great STEM toys that are on her learning level. Here is a great list of toys made by Learning Resources & The Learning Journey that are top notch at home learning pre-school STEM toys!
Shining Stars Projector – It’s a galaxy of stars in the palm of your hand! Young astronomers can explore early space science by beaming images of space onto any surface for a close-up view of stars, planets, and more! Just place the discs into the slot for quick and easy viewing. Features an easy-carry handle, automatic shut-off to conserve battery life, and a stand for projector mode. Includes 3 discs, with 8 images on each (24 images total).
Since we’ve heard so much about experiences watching this years solar eclipse, here is a great toy to keep the conversation going at home about our solar system!
Techno Kids Fun Trax – Techno Kids Fun Trax provides the perfect platform to help your little engineers and architects to start imagining and building. The chunky pieces are easy to put together and perfect for little hands. Different elements are included in each set to spark the imagination and curiosity of your preschooler to create fun and exciting marble runs.
Code and Learn Lady Bug – Introduce children to basic programming and coding with fun, light up, infrared remote-controlled playmates. The coding card deck and color grid map will challenge your child to find the right path to a destination by entering directional instructions into the remote control. They will know they reached the correct destination when the antennae of the ladybug light up the color of the mat square landed upon.
- Different every time you build, this versatile, interconnecting gear set fosters imagination and provides opportunities to experiment with simple mechanics and science
- Supports STEM by introducing children to sorting, grouping, counting, designing, constructing, and putting physics into play with spinning gear movement. Learning gets more intricate as children’s abilities advance
- Boost fine motor skills while promoting reasoning and problem solving as children create moving experiments with spinning, colorful action
- 100-piece set includes 46 Colorful gears (blue, green, orange, red, purple), 26 square pillars, 21 six-way axles, 6 interlocking bases, 1 crank handle, and activity guide
- Great for ages 3+
- FINE MOTOR SKILLS: Crack open play geodes with the hammer and chisel to reveal colorful surprise gems again and again!
- SORTING, MATCHING, & COUNTING SKILLS: Use the activity set to build sorting, matching, and counting skills with gems in 8 colors and 4 shapes!
- NO-MESS: Plastic geodes with play hammer and chisel introduce toddlers to geology without the hassle of clean-up!
- EASY STORAGE: Store your treasures inside the included drawstring bag!
- Great educational toy for toddlers ages 3+
Squeeze the frog to open its mouth, pick up flies and strengthen fine motor muscles! Roll a cube to determine which flies to munch.
Math- Reinforces both numbers and counting skills using the number cube with flies, allowing students to explore number-quantity relationships.
Fine Motor- Encourages bilateral coordination by grasping the frog with one hand and feeding it with the other.
We love Froggy Feeding Fun at our house because its a great activity that reinforces both counting and color learning.
Here is my 4 year old getting her 4 blue flies that she just rolled the dice to get.
She also has fun squeezing the frog and pretending he’s eating the flies!
If you are looking for more STEM toys for girls, check out this list!