It’s that time of year for me to release my annual Christmas gift guide for kids that has new toys and book ideas in it.
I’ve compiled an awesome list this year, and hopefully, you’ll want to check out these brands represented for a possible prominent spot under the Christmas tree this year! You’ll find many STEM educational toys, some video games and books, and lots of kits that pertain to slime (still so popular with the kiddos right now!) Leave any questions you may have in the comments section about any of these items and I’ll be sure to answer what I can!
Some of these items also have special deal promo codes – so don’t miss those if you are going to order.
Christmas Gift Guide for Kids – Toy Ideas:
(whoa dough kids guide)
A memory game of textures. Identifying and remembering textures is an important part of sensory learning. Touch and texture expose children to the world around them. Learning textures helps children with language.
Harry Potter Advent Calender
- MAKE and save your grossest, gunkiest play slime, dough, and putty with this reusable slime lab set!
- LEARN STEM skills including measurement, color mixing, and more!
- EXPLORE the full-color guide’s six easy kids’ experiments!
- SAVE your best slime for later gross-outs in the set’s storage dishes!
- AGES 3+
- PLAY AND LEARN – Welcome to the exciting world of slimy worms and bouncing balls to become an expert in all things that SLIME!
- 14 experiments & 19 lab tools that allows your little one to create blue blood, slimy coal, colored worms, and more
- STEM at Play kits prepares your kid for the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) Career by bringing science concepts to life through hands-on learning
- Our 36-page fact-filled colorful lab guide is jam-packed with pictures and information that will keep your kid busy with fun for HOURS in the comfort of your home
- The best STEM experiment, birthday, holiday, arts and crafts gift for girls, boys, kids, teens ages 8 and up with adult supervision
Tinkering Labs’ Electric Motors Catalyst (EMC) is for kids 8+ (but many kids 6+ use it, it mainly depends on the child) and focuses on challenging their problem-solving capabilities and creativity and empowers them with invention and project-based learning.
- “STEM kit” allows kids to build doodling robots, power electric model cars, add motors to legos, and more!
- Truly engages kids’ inventive imagination, unlike say coding where kids are forced to learn inside a box and not think outside of it, limiting their imaginative and inventor abilities.
- Comes with markers…can be used in the building process but the company also learned that when kids feel stuck, having an artistic avenue helps them recalibrate and then solve the problem.
- Inspired the company to work with both consumers and schools; they even have their own tinkering school!
- MSRP: Tinkering labs found on Amazon ($59)
Every Month, Kids Night In will send a box aiming to give kids the tools he needs to build memories with an important figure in their life. Kids Night In is an opportunity to spend quality time together and show the child in your life how special they are! In every box, you will receive everything you need for fun activities together, but remember the fun activity isn’t the important thing here… what is important is the fact that Mom or Dad is regularly taking time to invest in a relationship with their kids.
You can read my full review HERE!
To try a Kiwi-Co box, you first pick a line – Tadpole, Koala, Kiwi, Atlas, Doodle, Tinker, or Eureka. Each of those is for a different age group and/or interest. The science and art projects inspire kids to become creative problem solvers. When you choose your plan, either just one box for a monthly plan, 3, 6, or 12-month plans at the cheapest at $18.50 per box. The first crate ships in 2 days. Pause or cancel anytime!
Now thru the end of the year, save 60% off your first month with code EARLY
That’s $39.95 for 3 months, $17.95 for 6 months (2 months FREE), and $159.95 for 12 months (4 months FREE)*!
*savings based on $19.95 per month, Eureka and Maker crates may vary
Read my full and honest review of Kiwi Co boxes HERE!
If you are on the hunt for a video game that brings something new to the table other than the usual shooter or adventure franchise, let me briefly introduce you to Bee Simulator.
Imagine a PG version of Grand Theft Auto wrapped around an eco-friendly educational experience. A mission-based arcade/adventure simulation for consoles and PC where you learn about the importance of Bees in our fragile ecosystem while fighing wasps, spiders, seaching for pollen and protect your hive and your Queen Bee from human interaction. Bee Simulator is scheduled to release on November 14 for the Xbox 1, PS4, PC and Nintendo Switch.
Move freely through the village and its surroundings, develop your farm and cultivate your land behind the wheel of realistic vehicles… Lots of challenges await budding farmers in Farmer’s Dynasty. Start with simple farming tools and grow quickly from there through deep gameplay: build, repair and harvest. Improve your yield by acquiring new agricultural facilities like greenhouses and silos on your way to becoming one of the top farmers in the village. Farmer’s Dynasty is scheduled to release on November 21 for the Xbox 1 & PS4.
Through this mechanic of traveling between worlds, The Unicorn Princess simultaneously offers two types of gameplay. Players can explore a vast open world, take care of horses and complete missions in the real world. Then, after a quest has been completed, the player can answer the call of Unica the unicorn and enter the Dream World for epic adventures.
· A game designed for young players (ages 6-10)
· Advanced customization of your avatar and horses with a wide range of options
· Freely roam a vast open world
· Travel between worlds and experience varied gameplay and environments
· Escape into the magical world of dreams and set out on incredible adventures with Unica the unicorn
· 15 different missions in an expansive family game
Christmas Gift Guide for Kids – Book ideas:
How It Works:
1. Pick a Book Club. We offer book clubs for kids ages 0-10.
2. Receive Monthly Book Deliveries. Our delightful book deliveries make books and reading exciting for your child.
3. Spend More Time Reading. Fresh reading material + more free time for reading = best decision ever.
They have a board book club for ages 0-3, a picture book club for ages 3-6 and a chapter book club for ages 7-10. You’ll save up to 45% off retail and subscription prices start at $24.94 with shipping to get just one box. Prices go down as you order more boxes.
Get 15% off your first order when you enter your e-mail on the homepage!
Deep in the forest, there lived a beautiful little fir tree who longed to see the world. When the tree is taken to town at Christmas, it feels like all his dreams have come true. But what will happen the day after? Find out in this beautifully illustrated modern retelling of Hans Christian Andersen’s festive tale.
As the story of the little fir tree unfolds – brought to enchanting life with the colorful, folk art–inspired artwork of acclaimed author/illustrator Christopher Corr – so does a touching lesson on appreciating what we already have and a hopeful message of rebirth.
celebrates the birth of Jesus through the joy of a beloved Christmas carol. As you listen to the carol, you can read the ancient story of the first visitors who traveled to Bethlehem to worship the Christ Child. Inspired by this traditional carol, “O Little Town of Bethlehem” features new rhyming verses that give meaning to the wonderful traditions of Christmas and a caroling choir that sings the song. The combination of the children’s choir, rhyming verses and charming illustrations will captivate and delight young children.
Frankie’s Food Truck serves a different shape of food every day. On Mondays, Frankie serves squares. What kinds of foods are shaped like a square? Lift the flaps to unveil all sorts of tasty treats, learning about shapes and days of the week as you go. From a square piece of toast to a slice of watermelon in the shape of a triangle, readers are invited to see how many shapes and foods they can find on each spread.
Liz Ball’s puzzles are adored by children and also recommended by doctors, teachers, and parents to help improve eye coordination, spatial skills, memory retention and concentration. In Hidden Picture Puzzles at the Zoo children will learn as they play, with 50 black and white hidden puzzle pictures, all from inside the zoo.
The step-by-step drawing exercises in Learn to Draw Disney Frozen 2 will have you drawing Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Kristoff, Sven, and the new characters from Disney Frozen 2 in no time!
Kids and grown-ups need only gather a jar and a few other inexpensive and readily available household objects to begin investigating and confirming the science at work all around them. The 35+ experiments included cover various scientific disciplines: life science, earth science, physical science, weather, and more.
If you are looking for more age or topic-specific gift guides for kids, check these out: