This post is part of a FREE 20 Day Budget Challenge Series. To get all of the info right in your inbox – GO HERE to sign up!
Some of you may still be thinking that keeping track of your finances and living on a budget is just a huge drag. But it really doesn’t have to be! I love seeing how much I save each week by using coupons. I love getting free samples in the mail. I love earning Amazon gift cards over on Dealspotr that I can spend on fun things! I love earning bonus cash on Ibotta!
I want to encourage you to think about ways that living on a budget can really be an enjoyable lifestyle. If this isn’t fun, or at least somewhat enjoyable, then chances are you won’t stick with it. You really need to find a reason why living on a budget and having a frugal lifestyle is worth it for you and your family. Here are some more ways you can motivate yourself to make this fun so you can stick to it.
- Make a list of fun and FREE activities you like doing
- Make saving money a contest – with a real prize!
- Put fun money in the budget!
- Go on a treasure hunt at a Thrift store! See what you can up-cycle for a new decor item for your home? What can you find that you could use as part if a gift? Is there anything you could up-cycle and sell?
- Go buy yourself a giant piece of chocolate cake – and celebrate that you completed this 20 day Budget Challenge! 😉
What about you – what part of keeping your finances in order is actually FUN for you??? Come and tell us over in our Budget Challenge Facebook group!