You know that I’m a big fan of the slogan that “Friends don’t let friends pay full price!” That is one of the reasons why I do what I do! I can’t keep all the great deals I find and frugal tips I discover to myself. And since sharing is caring, I want this site to be a helpful resource for you as we live our frugal lifestyle together.
As a deal blogger, I also know I can’t even dream of keeping up and being sure that all of my readers know about every single awesome sale that is currently in existence. That is pretty much impossible. So this is why I’m telling you about this deal finding and sharing community called Dealspotr.
I joined Dealspotr close to 8 months ago now. I have been sharing some of my Wegmans or Amazon deals that you all know that I’m a fan of sharing here on Happy Deal – Happy Day! There are hundreds of others sharing their favorite deals as well! So it’s like one huge deal sharing party all at the same place!
So why am I telling you about this site? Well, I want you to know it as a deal finding resource (because like I said before, I cannot be your only source for that.) and #2- you can EARN Amazon Gift Cards for being active in this community! (In fact, I earned a $10 Amazon gift card in just a few days after I joined!) And who doesn’t love Amazon Gift Cards, right??!!
So here is how Dealspotr Works:
Head Over Here and sign up for an account. (yes you will be signing up under me, which makes me your “mentor” and I’ll make you my preference to comment and up vote your deals.) When you sign up, you will get 5,000 points. That’s like earning $5.00 right off the bat just for joining! If you see a promo code box, then inter HAPPYDEALHAPPYDAY when you register to get your 5,000 points. Otherwise if you register through this link, then you should get your 5,000 automatically. When you confirm your e-mail, the 5,000 should be in your account at that time.
*When you are getting started, you will come to a page asking you about your interests to start building your personalized deal smart feed.
*Select 5 or so main topics in which you would like to see the most deals in.
*Then select 3 stores or brands of places where you already shop. Dealspotr shares deals from literally 100’s of stores, but you only get to choose 3 stores at this point that are your favorites. You can follow more of your favorite stores later on.
*After you have selected your 3 brands, you will then see that it is creating your customized deal feed. You can continually update the stores you like, interests and people you follow. There is suggestions and likes on the left sidebar as pictured above. Keep this info current to make the deal feed tailored to you the best that it can be!
This deal feed is just like your Facebook or Pinterest feed – geared to your likes and interests – but in this case, just for deals!
This is a pretty cool feature – that this site can tailor the deals in your feed based on who you follow, your personal interests, and stores you follow. If you want your feed to show you deals that only you will want to see, then follow like minded shoppers, and just the stores that you would really shop at. This is different than any other similar deal site like this. I’ve never seen a deal site like this that can tailor the deals in a feed to what YOU want to see! Normally you find a site with numerous deals on it, you have to spend a long time searching for your favorite stores – and wasting time scanning through deals that you would never take advantage of. This is a HUGE time saver!!!
To get started on the Dealspotr dashboard, look for these items in the corner top right hand corner.
- The gray square with lines is where you can click to do different tasks like spot hot deals, post deals, search for deals, follow others, and redeem points.
- The orange box with the checkmark is a daily checklist. If you come back and complete each of these tasks daily, you will earn an additional 200 points.
- The yellow rectangle in the middle tells you how far yo are to getting your next $10 reward. I only have a sliver of gray left which means I could earn my $10 gift card today after posting a deal or 2!
- The green square tells your influence number. The higher this is, the more trusted you are in the community, and the higher amounts of points you will earn for deals posted.
- The gray squares tell you if you have notices about gaining or losing spots, and messages from other dealspotrs.
- The refer button will help you gain more points! Refer friends and you’ll gain points whenever they do!
- Your first checklist will look like this. Complete all 4 items and you will earn 200 points. After you complete that, you should have 5,200 points in your account. (5,000 for signing up and 200 for your daily bonus + however many points you earned from posting your first deal.)
When you reach 10,000 points, you can cash in for your first Amazon Gift Card. And each time your earn 10,000 points, you earn another $10 Amazon Gift Card!!!!
You can also earn additional points by doing these things:
1. Post original, valid deals – You found an awesome clearance deal the last time you were at Target? Share it! Find an awesome discount on Amazon? Tell us about it! Have a coupon you can’t wait to use? Tell us where to get the coupon and about the great deal you got!
2. Refer people who will become honest, helpful contributors to our community – share this info with your friends!
3. Complete the Daily Checklist (which includes commenting, liking, and posting deals) for an extra 200 points each day!
4. You will earn “spots” that you can use as a voting tool if you think a deal will be hot or on fire. You will earn extra points if others vote for the same deal as you did. If you are accurate at spotting hot or on-fire deals, then you will earn more spots, which will then mean you can earn more points.
You really just need to go to Dealspotr, sign up, browse some of the deals, shop some of these deals that you love, up vote the ones you like, share some of your own deals, follow some other dealspotrs, and get to know the community. Watch your points go up, and start cashing in your Amazon Gift Cards!
Save all of your Amazon Gift Cards from now until Christmas, and I bet you, you will have the majority of your Christmas gifts paid for if you stay active in the community and visit and use this site every day. That and you will know the best places to shop and get the best deals and promo codes on the web!!!
I really would like your feedback on this site. I am an official “Verified Influencer” for this site – so I can easily take feedback from you and share it with the team at Dealspotr to improve it. This is a newer site, and we love user feedback!