Pan Seared Feta Cheese Garden Salad Recipe
- Prep Time: 3 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 4-6
- Traditional Feta Cheese in Brine
- -2 tsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- -Salad Mix
- -Cherry Tomatoes
- -Salad Dressing – I chose a Balsamic Vinaigrette
- First you need to take your block of feta cheese, and slice it into 4 pieces.
- Pat the feta cheese dry.
- Neat yor nonstick pan on High and add your EVOO.
- When you add the cheese to the pan, reduce the heat to Med-High. The cheese will sizzle right away – take caution as the EVOO likes to splatter at this stage. Sear the feta cheese on one side – for about 2 minutes. Be careful to not bump the cheese while it is searing. The block of feta will be half melted, so if you move it, you will lose the shape of the block and you will get a pan of melted feta mess! 🙂
- After the cheese is browned, remove from heat and let the cheese cool to room temp. until it is fully solidified again. Gently remove the cheese from the pan and cut into 1/2 inch dice pieces.
- Create your salad by combining the salad mix, cut cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, and top it off with the seared feta cheese cubes. Top with your favorite salad dressing. Enjoy!