Here is an easy double chocolate zucchini bread recipe covered in glaze. This dessert bread is perfect to use up an abundance of zucchini!
Bread dry ingredients:
2 cups flour (use whole wheat flour if preferred over bleached flour.)
1 3/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups grated zucchini
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1–2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon anise or poppy seeds
2. In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and baking soda
3. In a separate bowl stir melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and zucchini
4. Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir well
6. Last, fold in the chocolate chips until the batter is evenly mixed.
8. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a skewer in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for about 20 minutes then remove from pan and cool completely.