Cheese Tortellini with Basil Pesto and Carrot Puree Sauce Recipe
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 7 mins
- Yield: 6-8
- Cheese Tortellini, 16-19 oz (meat filled tortellini will also work)
- Sundried Tomatoes – I used California Sun Dry which have a very potent flavor
- Basil Pesto – homemade is always best, but if you don’t have your own fresh basil, then an 8.1 oz jar of Classico Basil Pesto is great!
- Wegmans Carrot Puree, 8 oz (found in the refrigerated produce section)
- Boil the cheese tortellini per the instructions on the bag – usually 4-5 minutes until they are floating on top of the boiling water.
- Strain and rinse the tortellini. Add pesto, drained sundried tomatoes, and carrote puree. Stir until blended.
- Serve warm with a side of fresh vegetables. I chose roasted asparagus (place on a baking sheet drizzled with olive oil, salt & Pepper. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until tender.)