I recently found out that my brother and sister-in-law are about to be parents for the first time! I’ve been brainstorming helping them out a bit with their baby registry, and remembering toddler and baby gear products you will really use – and not just what you can find on generic baby registry lists. Here are products that I truly loved when my kiddos were babies and toddlers.
- Gerber Graduates Fun Grips Hard Spout Sippy Cup – not every new mom will think to put sippy cups on their registry. But over the years, you will actually use sippy cups for a longer period of time than you will bottles (especially if you are nursing!)
2. Bed Buddy Warm Therapy Bear – You kids will probably collect way too stuffed animals over the years. And most of them will probably just be stored and rarely played with. But if you are looking for that cute teddy bear to go in the new nursery, then get this one. This teddy bear is functional in that you can heat him up or cool him down. He’s great to cuddle with when your little one isn’t feeling well. I’ve even wanted to snuggle with it on a cold winter night! 🙂
3. Bumkins Pacifier Clip, Gray Chevron – If you baby ends up using a pacifier, then you totally need one of these clips. I see so many moms sighing out of frustration when their babies pacifier falls out of their mouth, and on to the dirty floor. This solves that problem! Plus this also stops the family pacifier hunts at bedtime since it should just be connected to your babies clothing.
Infants need to be swaddled because they like to be snug, and we want them warm. But as they get older and can wiggle worm their way out of the baby cocoon, and this sleep sack solve that! Toddlers are great at kicking a blanket all over the crib. Instead of worrying about turning up the heat in their bedroom, stick them in one of these sacks. That way you know they will be warm all night and they won’t loose their blanket! When our baby grew out of the biggest size we could find on Amazon, I actually had my mother-in-law make sew a custom longer one because it worked so well!
This was my favorite style of baby shoes because it was the only brand/style of shoes that my daughter didn’t pull off! No more trying to keep shoes on babies feet with these elastic tops!
- BPA, PVC, lead, phthalate and latex free
- Dishwasher safe (top rack)
- Holds 12 Oz of dry snacks
- Flat lid included to keep leftover snacks fresh
- Made in the USA
Toddlers can’t dump their snack all over the floor if you use this!! Plus its super easy to travel with.
7. Summer Infant Ultimate Crib Sheet, 52″ x 28″ – don’t bother geting traditional crib sheets because those are a huge pain in the bum to change! But this crib sheet snaps on around the crib rails, making it easy-peasy to remove, wash, and replace!
8. Child of Mine by Carter’s Baby Lamb Cuddle Blanket with Rattle – both of my girls have one like this that they are glued to! I’m pretty sure my oldest will bring hers to college with her. 😉
9. Bright Starts Playful Pinwheels Bouncer – I recommend getting an extra bouncy seat just for the bathroom. I remember trying to take a shower during newborn stage (or even just go to the bathroom!) and I wasn’t sure how to exactly do that. I moved my bouncy right next to the tub so I could see her while I showered. I was sick of always moving a bouncy into the bathroom for each shower, so I just got an extra one for the bathroom.
10. Gaobei Gyro Bowl Spill Resistant Kids Gyroscopic Bowl with Lid – like the Munchie Mug, this is a genius product to give to your toddlers so they don’t spill their snack all over the floor!
11. Lorex BB2411 2.4″ Sweet Peek Video Baby Monitor with IR Night Vision and Zoom, White – This is the model I used. I loved the video feature – especially the night vision option. It tells me the room temperature too! As my little ones got older, the 2-way talk audio has been very helpful. I can tell my sneaky toddler to get back into bed when she climbs out during nap time!
12. SwaddleMe Original Swaddle 3-PK, XO (SM) -when we brought our little newborn nugget home, I remember my husband and I trying to practice swaddling with a normal swaddle blanket. That was a super pain to master – especially in the middle of the night when you are already sleep deprived. In my opinion, every new mom just needs a bunch of these swaddle blankets!
13. My Brest Friend Original Nursing Pillow, Fireworks – whether you nurse or bottle feed, you will want one of these! Plus, its great to place your baby on – and is a great bumper as he/she learns to sit up!
14. Summer Infant Deluxe Comfort Folding Booster Seat, Tan – we skipped getting a high chair and just used this on one of our kitchen chairs. It grows with your baby and works as both a high chair, and as a booster as your baby turns into a toddler.
15. Soft Baby Wrap Sling Carrier –Grey- Best Baby Gift-French Terry Comfortable and Breathable. Whether you are a hard core “baby wearing mom” or you just want your hands free to get some chores done, then you need a baby wrap!
16. Gerber’s All-in-One line Cloth Diapers – If you are considering using cloth diapers – then you totally need to check out Gerber’s new line!! They are considerably more affordable and value-priced to fit any budget with multiple options: 3-piece starter set (1 diaper & 2 inserts) 2-pack diaper and 6-packs of small and large inserts, starting at just $13.99! This is a savings of more than $10 per diaper than the brand I used when my little ones were still little! This makes using cloth diapers even more appealing now in terms of saving money!!
Experienced moms reading this – tell me in the comments what toddler or baby gear product you couldn’t live without!!