In the past when Christmas cards showed up in the mail, I made the mistake of using poster putty or tape to hang them up in my living room entry way. What a mess both of those can leave on your walls! I’ve had to use these to clean up my walls! Then I came up with a new solution to display my Christmas cards using Command Hooks, ribbon, and small clothes pins. These don’t leave any marks on the wall and they can be used year after year
Here are the materials you need to make your own Ribbon Christmas Card Display:
- Loew-Cornell Woodsies Tiny Spring Clothespins, 1-Inch, Natural, 50-Pack
- Command Hooks – I used the ones with metal hooks and not plastic. The metal wire hooks were skinny enough for the holes on the grommets to fit.
- Christmas Ribbon – I cut mine about 5 feet long and have 5 of them in my kitchen and living room entryway.
- Lord & Hodge 1073A-0 Grommet Kit
- Christmas Cards to be displayed (thank you captain obvious!)
1. Cut the ribbon the length you want it – mine are about 5 feet long. I didn’t want it to go all the way to the floor – so just measure the area where you want to hang your cards. I snipped a triangle out of one end to prevent fraying. You could also use clear nail polish on the ends of the ribbon to prevent fraying.
2. Then I followed the instructions on the grommet kit to get a grommet on the end of each ribbon. Basically you just hammer the 2 parts of the grommet together until secured between the ribbon. That was the fun part! 🙂
3. Place your Command Hook where you want it on the wall. Hang your ribbon from the Command Hook. Grab your Christmas cards and mini clothespins (they are just super cute!) and hang them up! No more tape or poster putty!! Now as new cards are coming in the mail daily, I can add to the display!
Easy, right? What do you do to display your Christmas cards??
If you are in Christmas DIY mode and looking for more Christmas inspiration for seasonal crafts – then here are some more suggestions for you: