I have been on the lookout for some cute ideas for Non-Candy Valentine Gift Ideas for Kids. My kids got enough candy in their Christmas stockings to seriously last 6 months! The last thing I want to turn around and give them this Valentine’s day is more candy! So here is a list of some cute and frugal gift ideas for your kids that are not candy, with some personalized ideas to make your gift more meaningful as well!
1. Easy Handmade Journals For Kids – this is a guest post I wrote over on Practically Functional.
You probably already have the materials to make one of these handmade journals for kids at home. I suggest making one for your son or daughter and include some love notes in it, and leave the rest blank for them to fill out, or finish decorating.
2. Get a personalized I See Me! book. We have quite a few of these at our house and each one is truly precious. There are some very cute personalized Valentine’s Day book options that will be a life long keepsake for your child. I have reviewed this company in the past over here!
3. Get some small toy or jewelry items for less than $5 on Amazon. Here are three examples:
Invisable Ink “Spy” Pens on Amazon (these were a favorite in the Christams stocking this year!)
Lego Friends for less than $5.
Valentine necklace for less than $5 shipped!
4. Get supplies to make Homemade Puffy Paint! It’s just shaving cream, liquid white glue and food coloring. You could make up a gift basket with these items and then have a fun afternoon of arts and crafts.
6. Get some glow sticks at a dollar store and add this “You Light Up My Life Valentine” printable tag.
7. Get a unique pair of girls shoes over on Chooze Shoes. They are slightly mis-matched and my daughter just LOVES them! She is going to go on a special daddy/daughter date for Valentine’s Day and can’t wait to wear them then!
8. Come Alive Bethel Worship Kids CD/DVD – see my review & giveaway of this HERE (ends 1/20)
9. 30 non-candy printable valentines OVER HERE! – 30 more fun ideas with printables for your kids, or for class valentine’s ideas!