Join Us for Day #12 of the 20 Day Budget Challenge!
Other than clipping coupons, or cutting costs with these frugal habits, meal planning is the best tool I’ve found to save both time and money in the kitchen. Meal plans are a bunch of recipes organized for you in such a way to that after a day of cooking, you’ll have your freezer full of dinners for the rest of the month. All of the planning (which is the most time consuming part) is done for you. If you are new to meal plans, then I want to let you know the pluses to using them:
Make Ahead Freezer Meal Menus will help you to:
– fill your freezer with a month’s worth of food
– cook once; eat multiple meals
– enjoy homemade, nutritious meals without stress
– save time, energy and money
– always know what’s for dinner
I’ve been sharing various meal plans on Happy Deal – Happy Day for awhile now as a source to make frugal meals in a short amount of time.
I have had some requests for specific diets (like low carb, vegetarian, etc.) and now I have a tool for you so that we can all make our OWN meal plan in just minutes!!!!! I’m super excited about this resource because I seriously was just floored when I tried it myself and how easy it was!
Let me show you how this works – start by going over to My FreezEasy and create an account.
Click on “Build Your Own Meal Plans.”
I personally eat mostly vegetarian, so I’m going to walk you through how to create a vegetarian meal plan.
Find the Vegetarian option (its in the last row at the bottom.)
Now you will find a list of recipes. Choose 5 and drag them over to the right. I chose Ravioli & Pesto Bake, Black Bean Soup, Slow Cooker Curried Chick Peas, Black Bean & Corn Enchiladas, and Pasta Puttanesca.
Then you create your meal plan – and then you have the option to download and print out your plan (including a shopping list), along with labels.
I just printed out my first 13 page meal plan – and this is what you get:
- The 5 recipes you selected
- Complete Shopping List by Recipe
- Complete Shopping List by Store Section/Category
- Freezer Meal Prep Day Shopping List by Recipe
- Freezer Meal Prep Day Shopping List by Store/Section/Category
- Assembly Prep Instructions
- Meal Assembly Instructions.
I just did all this in about 5 minutes. SERIOUSLY!
If you aren’t into a vegetarian plan like me, – no problem! You can create your own meal plans based on protein type, cooking method, or dietary preference. This database is seriously amazing!
There are also 8 different meal plans ready to go that you can just grab and print. That means no selecting recipes and creating your own – you just print off what has already been made for the month.
Basic Membership Includes Access to 8 New Meal Plans Each Month, and it covers just about any dietary concern or lifestyle choice:
- Traditional Plan – 10 meals: mix of different types of meals
- Gluten-Free Plan – 10 meals: completely gluten-free including sides
- Slow Cooker Plan – 10 meals: all freezer to slow cooker style
- Clean Eats Plan – 10 meals: all “clean ingredients”
- 20 Meals Plan – 20 meals: mix of different types of meals
- All Chicken Plan – 10 meals: all recipes using chicken breasts/chicken thighs, so you can get the chicken on sale and stock your freezer
- All Ground Beef Plan – 10 meals: all recipes using ground beef so you can get the ground beef on sale and stock your freezer
- All Pork Chops Plan – 10 meals: all recipes using pork chops or pork tenderloin so you can get the pork on sale and stock your freezer
There is also a Video Library that shows you how to put together the 8 different pre-made meal plans!
All members of the Basic Membership will get access to all 8 meal plans each month. Oh, and don’t worry about boring repeats – you receive a new set of recipes and meal plans EVERY MONTH.
Here’s why I said MyFreezEasy is one of a kind and the dinner game-changer – with the Premium membership (available starting TODAY August 1st), you get access to an OH-SO-EASY program where you get to CREATE YOUR OWN.
That’s right – you get all the money savings, you get your free time back, you’ll still have your stress free dinners AND YOU GET FREEDOM OF CHOICE.
No more wasting a whole meal because your husband hates curries or your youngest refuses to try anything with pineapple in it – this option lets you literally HAVE IT ALL, AND HAVE IT YOUR WAY!
OK Maura – this sounds AMAZING!! BUT HOW MUCH IS IT?!
How’s just $10 a month sound?? Or even better – pay $95 for the whole year and you get 2 months for free. That means you just pay $95 to get ALL OF YOUR MEALS PLANNED FOR YOU FOR A YEAR!!! WOW!!!! (The price is set to increase mid January 2017 – so jump on board now!)
Seriously, – just pay the $10 just to try it for one month. You will be blown. away. It really is worth every penny. Especially when just one meal plans can cost you between $2-$6 – you have access to create your own PLUS have access to 8 other meal plans each month!
**UPDATE AS OF 1/5/17: The Smart Phone App is now available!! Search “MyFreezEasy” in the app store, download the app, & login!
I’m making my first recipe from my meal plan tonight. I’m planning a facebook live video later this week to tell you all about it. 🙂
I also have great news because I’m working with Erin to giveaway a year subscription to MyFreezEasy for FREE ($120 value!)
All you need to do to enter is Sign up below for the MyFreezEasy FREE Freezer Cooking Workshop & Free Sample FreezEasy Meal Plan! Erin and her team will choose the winner and notify you via e-mail if you won!
This giveaway ended 9/1/16 – but you can still sign up fr the free workshop.
If you want to join us for the rest of the 20 Day Budget Bootcamp (officially launching 1/1/17), head over to our Budget Bootcamp Facebook Group and tell us about your experience using meal plans or even the MyFreezEasy App!