I have been on the lookout for some cute ideas for Non-Candy Valentine Gift Ideas for Kids. My kids got enough candy in their Christmas stockings to seriously last 6 months! The last thing I want to turn around and give them this Valentine’s day is more candy! So here is a list of some cute and frugal gift ideas for your kids that are not candy, with some personalized ideas to make your gift more meaningful as well!
- Groggle’s Monster Valentine book by Diana Murray and Bats Langley (1/17/16, picture book, ages 3–6: Groggle has been up all night making a Valentine’s Day card. This isn’t just any Valentine, though, and it has to be perfect—it’s for Snarlina, his beast friend in the whole wide world. This is a very cute book that the boys will love since the valentines are filled with slime and spiders – perfect for a Monster valentine! 🙂
2. Learning Resources Learning Resources Gears Gears Gears! 100-Piece Deluxe Building Set, Pink Building Kit. Check out this educational STEM toy that even comes in Valentine colors. My girls love watching the gears spin!
3. IllumiCraft™ Light-Up! Jewelry Organizer. This is another great educationsl STEM toy that serves a functional purpose. This is the perfect activity for my engineer husband to do with my 7 year old flowery daughter!
You probably already have the materials to make one of these handmade journals for kids at home. I suggest making one for your son or daughter and include some love notes in it, and leave the rest blank for them to fill out, or finish decorating.
5. Get a personalized I See Me! book. We have quite a few of these at our house and each one is truly precious. There are some very cute personalized Valentine’s Day book options that will be a life long keepsake for your child. I have reviewed this company in the past over here!
6. Get some small toy or jewelry items for less than $10 on Amazon. Here are three examples:
Invisable Ink “Spy” Pens on Amazon (these were a favorite in the Christmas stocking this year!)
Lego Friends – there are quite a few sets for less than $10. My daughter is currently addicted to Lego Friends!
Valentine necklace for less than $5 shipped!
7. Get supplies to make Homemade Puffy Paint! It’s just shaving cream, liquid white glue and food coloring. You could make up a gift basket with these items and then have a fun afternoon of arts and crafts.
8. Get materials to make 2 ingredient Homemade Playdough. Add it to a gift basket with the homemade puffy paint ingredients!
9. Get some glow sticks at a dollar store and add this “You Light Up My Life Valentine” free printable card.
10. Get a unique pair of girls shoes over on Chooze Shoes. They are slightly mis-matched and my daughter just LOVES them! She is going to go on a special daddy/daughter date for Valentine’s Day and can’t wait to wear them then!
12. 30 non-candy printable valentines OVER HERE! – 30 more fun ideas with printables for your kids, or for class valentine’s ideas!